Mar 5, 2011

The First Day of Joyous Trip

By NurunNur



My enthusiasm started at the night before our tomorrow trip was begun. After getting the itinerary, I planed what to wear and suddenly packed my things into my luggage. I spent one hour and a half to finish it; hence, I slept late that night.

The 2-day trip was roommate’s house tour that we decided to go on 14th – 15th January 2011. We went there by two vans. My friends and I felt nothing seeing the parking vans in front of us. All of a sudden, the amazement began when the vans were opened. The interiors of the vans were elegantly decorated with lights, high technological audios and comfortable clean seats. It all was over our expectation that I could notice from our smiling faces.

I woke up early than usual to take a bath and prepare myself because according to the itinerary I had to be on the van at 6.30 a.m. When the time came, some of my friends and I were ready on the vans but the others still did not come yet; so, we had to wait for them. Minutes by minutes we waited, but still they did not come. Time passed slowly until 7.50 a.m., all of us were just ready so that we left from ‘Sarong’ to our first destination -- Hasnah’s house (our roommate’s house) at Khokpho, Pattani.

Our tour began in a foggy morning. En route from Yala to there, I never thought that the environment was full of atmosphere. The road was flanked by verdant green paddy fields beneath the light orange of morning sunshine. Buffaloes gazed the fields lazily. Many flocks of birds were flying over the fields in front of rising sun. Everything was fascinating and unmissable.

The beauty of nature engrossed me. Oh there we were then. We had a talk with Husnah’s family together with enjoined our simple but delicious breakfast with curry gravy bread and hot tea for only 20 minutes. Before leaving, we took a photograph with her family. We were full and happy being there. Afterwards, we moved off to the next house, it was Fatonah’s located in Thepha, Songkhla.

At Fatonah house, we ate very delicious ‘kao mhok’ with its sauce and vegetable. Unfortunately, I was full so that I ate not much. Her sylvan house garden and gently blowing wind invited us to spend a worthy time with her family there. By that, we could feel their welcomed warming to us.

The sun arose higher and higher and sunlight began to shine through gabs in the branches of the big trees over us. It signed that was the time to leave to the next house; it was Urai’s house at Tasao, Songkhla.

Having taken the peace road from rural, we veered onto a main road to town. Through the van windows, we could see endless blue sea; as well as huge waves were breaking on the seashore. After few minutes, the chaos appeared especially at the traffic lights. Furthermore, many different places and views we drove passed. If possible, I wanted to get off the van and take photographs, but I could not do that so I just photographed through the windows as I could.   

We were still full, but it could not stop our appetite because Urai’s parents served us various kinds of fish balls and sausages with so delicious and spicy sauce. It all is my favorite food. Afterwards, we went to Songkhla Central Mosque to perform our Zuhri-Asri prayers. And we went to Ar-e-choh’s house for having lunch. There, her roommates and she herself prepared very special menu, there were beef soup, fried fish with tamarind sauce (Plaa Rad Phrik), garlic and black pepper omelet, vegetable and fermented shrimp sauce (Nam Phrik Kapi). After we were replete with our lunch, we were served more food; it was fried breaded sausage served with chili sauce.

The time everyone waiting for had arrived. We all were ready in the vans. We headed to the temporary destination, KlongHea Floating Market. Many times I tried letting myself be free to visit there, but it never had been succeeded; I never had any chances. Therefore, this time I planned to window-shop all around the market. As soon as we arrived at the floating market, only one thing I could see was many and various kinds of vehicles parked at the car park. I walked through narrow alleys between vehicles to leave from the parking lot. Right in front of me stood many shops; but I could not see any floating shops. Besides sound of speaking people, I heard the sound of music and song around me. I walked beside my friend and turned right followed my other friends. Only after few steps, I could see many sellers in orderly floating boats were selling many kinds of food and drink. Most of them, the sellers, wore Thai traditional dress. Apart from sellers, I noticed that there were many crowded tourists both Thais and foreigners. The marvelous of floating boats, sellers, the colorful of various products, tourists, sounds of people and birds, the movement of people, flowing water beneath the bridge, and everything that I could see and touch were inexplicable except those who experienced themselves. I did like that scene so much.

The two of my friends and I walked along the river together and bought nothing. Any scenes impressing us, we never missed to keep it in our memories through taking photographs. We were so happy. Only last ten minutes, we bought some drink and souvenirs. Within one hour, I could not walk and window-shop to every shops of the KlongHea floating market; I felt so sorry.

It was 5.40 p.m., everyone was ready in the vans. We continued our journey to Phatthalung and spent our night there, at Wirunkarn’s house. We arrived her house at 7.30 p.m. and performed Maghrib-Isha prayers. Consequently, we had perfect dinner. Actually, I did not know what each dish called, I only known that it was very delicious. Surprisingly, her father himself prepared and cooked all meals. Then, we went to bed tiredly but happily. 

5 comments:

  1. coool dear try 2 make it completely ok?
    i wanna read more ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. coool dear .. try 2 make it completely ok?
    i wanna read more ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no no! for now i already changed the topic but insYa-Allah after two or three weeks, i'll finish it

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds really great. how about yr second day trip?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was also fun. Insya-Allah i'll finish n post it

    ReplyDelete